VNCsafe for Zimbra Manual¶
The VNCsafe Zimlet provides integration between Zimbra Collaboration Suite and VNCsafe server using Zimbra Zimlet technology.
VNCsafe for Zimbra Features¶
The VNCsafe Zimlet key functionalities include:
- Allowing users to manage the VNCsafe server location and credentials as Zimlet preferences and managing security seamlessly.
- Save incoming email to VNCsafe server.
- Save the email on VNCsafe server home directory in PDF format and email subject as file title by right click on email and click on “Quick Save Mail To VNCsafe” button from the context menu.
- Save the email on VNCsafe server in PDF format with new title as well as on selected directory by right click on email and click on “Save Mail To VNCsafe” button from the context menu.
- Attachment of VNCsafe server files to outgoing email.
- Searching the file from VNCsafe attach dialog from the compose window, it will display the list of root files of VNCsafe server.
- Users can view the preview of selected files by clicking on "View" link from the Selected Documents dialog box.
- VNCsafe tab with VNCsafe server file directory in zimbra tab.
- Navigation in VNCsafe server file directory from VNCsafe tab by clicking on toolbar buttons.
- Attach files to the outgoing mail by clicking on "Compose" button.
- Sharing Functionality like VNCsafe server.
- Search the VNCsafe server users and you can share file or directory with one or multiple users. - Share with link by check - mark the Share with link check box.
- Share link password protected.
- Share link with expiration date.
- Send email of the Share link.
- Create New Folder on VNCsafe server.
- Move files and directories by Drag and Drop.
- Move files and directories on selecting directory from the directory tree by clicking on "Move" button.
- Uploading files to VNCsafe server from PC by clicking on "Upload Files" button.
- Rename file or directory of VNCsafe server by clicking on "Rename" button.
- Delete files or directories of VNCsafe server by Clicking on "Delete" button.
- VNCsafe server file preview from VNCsafe tab by double click on file.
- Open supported files and edit with Collabora Online from VNCsafe.
Prerequisites of the VNCsafe zimlet.¶
To use the Sharing Functionality you need to enable the Following apps on owncloud.
1. appVNCsafe app¶
2. Share Files¶
3. Deleted Files¶
4. Collabora Online Configuration (Owncloud/Nextcloud)¶
The VNCsafe zimlet also provides the support of Collabora online to view and edit a document directly from the Zimlet. Therefor the Admin has to generate the token from the Admin UI of Owncloud/Nextcloud servers with the Collabora Online app.
- Open the Collabora Online app and check the check box of the option 'Enable access for external apps.'.
- Add the app name in the first text box like 'appvncsafe'.
- Click on the 'Generate Token' button and it will generate the token.
- After you generated the token, click on 'Save' to save the token.
- Then Copy the generated token and save it in VNCsafe at the admin console of zimbra as mentioned steps in point 5.
5. Save the generated token of Collabora Online in VNCsafe.¶
- Go in Tools and Migration >> VNCsafe
- Paste the generated token
- Click on Save to save the secret token.
For Self Sign Certificate in owncloud :¶
After installing the VNCsafe Zimlet, you have to execute the following command from Zimbra machine using Command Line (CLI)
zmlocalconfig -e data_source_trust_self_signed_certs=true
After you have executed the command listed above you can perform a check with the following command:
zmlocalconfig | grep -i trust
Then restart the Zimbra mailbox.
Settings for Judaspriest only:¶
After Installing the VNCsafe Zimlet, you have to execute the following commands from Zimbra machine using Command Line (CLI)
zmprov ms `zmhostname` zimbraZimletJspEnabled TRUE zmprov mcf zimbraReverseProxyUpstreamReadTimeout 600s
To check after executing the commands above you can use the following command.
zmprov gs `zmhostname` zimbraZimletJspEnabled
After that restart zmcontrol.
User Setup of the VNCsafe Zimlet¶
Single click or double click on the VNCsafe Zimlet in the left panel. It will open a configuration window. Here, you can specify the VNCsafe server URL/location, username and password. (If you are not sure about the URL, please ask your administrator) Clicking on the "OK" button will save the configuration. You can reset the saved configuration by clicking on the "Reset Configuration" button. The configuration is mandatory for attaching and uploading documents to/from the VNCsafe server.
In the "About us" tab in the VNCsafe Authentication dialog box you will find the links to the Changelog and documentation as well as version and license information.
Using the Zimlet¶
Save Email Attachments in VNCsafe¶
The VNCsafe Zimlet provides an additional attachment handler which offers a “Save To VNCsafe” link for each attachment of incoming emails.
You can simply click on the link and a pop up dialog will ask for a Title ( Pre-populated with the original file name of the attachment) and path of the location where the attachment will be stored inside the VNCsafe.
The path selection is a Tree style widget. It will generate a list of valid selections of VNCsafe server paths for the user to choose a folder to save the attachment.
Once inputs are provided, click the “OK” button to save the attachment in your VNCsafe. The Zimlet will first show the progress dialog and then the status dialog to inform you if the attachment was saved or not.
Saving incoming emails in VNCsafe¶
For saving incoming emails, it's possible to convert selected mail into pdf, then store that email in VNCsafe. Right click on any email from your email list and select “Save Mail To VNCsafe” from the context menu and the “Save To VNCsafe” window will open.
The new dialog will ask you for a Title (Pre-populated with the original file name of the mail) and path of the location where the mail will be stored.
Right click on any email from your email list and select “Quick Save Mail To VNCsafe” from context menu and it uploads the mail in pdf format. The file name is the subject of the mail on VNCsafe server. The status of upload will be displayed.
Attaching VNCsafe Documents to out-going emails¶
The VNCsafe Zimlet provides an additional option to search VNCsafe documents and attach them to the outgoing email. First, click the “Attachment” drop down menu and select the “VNCsafe” button. It will open the VNCsafe dialog and you can search the document in your VNCsafe.
Search the document keyword in the textbox and click on the Search button. A list of search results will appear under the search bar.
Select one or multiple documents form the search result(s) and click on the Attach button. The “Selected Documents” Dialog will be displayed with the following information: - document name - view link (allows a quick preview of the selected file)
You can preview the file by clicking on the View link. The selected document will appear in a new preview window.
After that, you can proceed to attach the documents by clicking the “OK” button to close the “Selected Documents" dialog and wait till the progress dialog disappears. You can find the selected VNCsafe documents in the standard attachment position of the email form.
The VNCsafe for Zimbra tab¶
VNCsafe is added in the Zimbra tab bar and shows the list of files and directories of your VNCsafe. The left panel shows the filter options, the middle panel shows the folder tree and the right panel shows the content in the folder selected in the folder tree,
Available filters for the left panel¶
The filter option allows you to find your files really fast, such as files that have been shared with you, and files that you have shared with others. You’ll see different items per filter selection.
1. All files¶
This filter is used use to show all the files of the root file.
2. Favorites filter¶
The Favorites filter will display all the favorites files from your VNCsafe.
3. Shared with you:¶
This filter will display all the items which are shared with you by other uses.
4. Shared with others¶
This filter will display all the items which you shared with other VNCsafe users.
5. Shared by link¶
This filter option will display all the items which are shared by link.
6. Deleted Files¶
This filter option will display all the items which are deleted.
Navigation in the VNCsafe file directory from VNCsafe tab.¶
You can navigate in any directory to select the files. You can also navigate in parent directories from the toolbar buttons which displays your current path. And you can jump to the home directory by clicking on the "Home" button of the left panel.
Attach files to the outgoing mail by clicking on "Compose" button¶
You can also attach files from the list view by selecting the files and clicking on the "Compose" button.
It opens the "Selected Documents" dialog box. In this dialog box you can preview the files in the file view window from the Action column of list view. If you have selected all files, you can attach them with the "OK" button
When the progress dialog disappears, you can see the selected attachments from VNCsafe in the standard attachment position of the email form.
Share files and directories with other users¶
You can share a file or directory with one or multiple users with the Share button.
The following sharing options are available and explained in the next screenshot:
- Search the VNCsafe server users and share file or directory with one or multiple users.
- Share via link by check mark the Share with link checkbox.
- Share links with password protection.
- Send an email with a link to the content.
- Share link with expiration date.
- Allow or forbid editing of the content
Create New Folders in VNCsafe¶
To create a new folder in your VNCsafe for VNCsafe zimlet, click on the "New Folder" button. This will open a dialog box to add a new folder name. Then click on the "OK" button. It will create the new folder and display the appropriate status message.
Move files and directories on VNCsafe server from the VNCsafe zimlet tab.¶
1. via Drag & Drop¶
To move the files or directories from the current directory to another one, select the files and directories and drag and drop on the target directory. The progress bar will pop up and display the appropriate status message.
2. Move files and directories to a selected directory of VNCsafe server.¶
To move the files or directories in a particular directory, please select the files and directories and click on the "Move" button. It will display the tree structure of your VNCsafe directories. Select the directory and press the "OK" button. It will pop up the progress bar and display the appropriate status message.
Upload files to VNCsafe from PC¶
To upload files from your PC to the VNCsafe, click on the "Upload Files" button and it will open the "Upload Files" dialog. Browse the files from your PC and then click the "OK" button. It will pop up the progress dialog bar and display status message.
Rename files or directories in VNCsafe¶
To rename the VNCsafe server file or directory from VNCsafe zimlet tab, please select the file or directory and click on the "Rename" button. It will open the New name dialog box. Now it's possible to rename the document. Press the "OK" button, then the progress dialog bar will pop up and display status message.
Delete files or directories in VNCsafe¶
To delete files or directories from the VNCsafe zimlet tab, please select the file or directory and click on the "Delete" button. This will open a dialog box where you have to confirm the deletion. Clicking the"YES" button. will show the progress dialog bar and display a status message.
Edit supported files with Collabora Online in VNCsafe¶
User can edit the files in Collabora Online. User can edit files by double click on file and it will open with Collabora Online if file type is supported with Collabora Online, otherwise file will open within a view dialog or will be saved on the local device.
Copyright © 2018 VNC - Virtual Network Consult AG, Poststraße 24, 6301 Zug, Switzerland - www.vnc.biz