VNCcontacts+ Client Setup¶
Q: How can I use VNCcontacts+?
A: You can use it on every device that is capable of running a supported web browser. In addition there is also a dedicated mobile app for Android and iOS available. To access VNCcontacts+ using the browser web client, just navigate to https://
Q: Which web-browsers are supported?
A: Current versions of Google-Chrome/Chromium, Firefox-ESR and Firefox Quantum are supported.
Account Settings and Options¶
Q: Where can I customize my profile and what options do I have here?
A: Click on your Avatar, which in the beginning is a bubble containing your initials and select Profile from the menu. You can update, add, and remove some basic info on your profile.
- Add or change an Avatar picture
- Change your name as many times as you want.
- Edit personal info like your birthday, job title, company name, etc. You can also change the email addresses and phone numbers.
Q: What languages are supported?
A: Currently only English and German are supported.
Q: Can I add contacts by myself?
A: Depending on your contactsplus-server configuration, you either start with a pre-filled contact list, managed from server side or an empty list, where you can search for and save names, email addresses, phone numbers, and more yourself.
Q: My contacts are sorted in groups. Can I create my own groups?
A: Yes, just click on the New Contact button at the top right and then Create Contact Group. You can also rename and delete the currently selected list as well as adding new users to it from here.
Q: What services and functionalities does VNCcontacts+ provide?
A: In VNCcontacts+ you can:
- Work with single contacts, contact groups and individual lists.
- Import or export .csv files and to print saved contact lists, e.g. as PDF.
- Find your contacts quickly by names, cities, job positions and other criteria.
- Start an audio or video conference, use chat with whiteboard and screensharing via VNCtalk.
- Send emails with VNCmail or create a task with VNCtask.
- Share a file in VNCsafe with the contact or send a meeting invite.
- Earmark favorite contacts.
- Get access to your distribution lists and work groups thanks to the seamless integration with VNCdirectory.
Q: How does VNCcontacts+ work?
A: Contacts are added automatically to VNCcontacts+ from your VNCmail, but you can also edit, enrich, and create new contacts manually. Each contact record includes basic information, such as first name, surname, job title, email address, phone number, and company.
VNCcontacts helps you to manage all your contacts efficiently, easily and extends your communication options. You can call or text your contacts directly and you can also use all options from your VNClagoon products straight from the contact details, e.g. chat, video or voice calls.
Q: How do I organize my contacts?
A: To help organize your contacts and make them easier to find, you can create additional groups. The contact group feature allows you to perform bulk options, such as:
- start group calls;
- send bulk emails;
- start video/audio calls;
- start chats;
- start screen share sessions;
- add events to VNCcalendar.
You can also create a contact list for sending email to multiple contacts at once and more.
Tags allow you to categorize contacts into different groups based on their relationship with you and your business. For example, some contacts may be customers whereas others may be service providers. You can use tags to filter your contacts and more.
Q: How many contacts can be stored in VNCcontacts+?
A: 25,000 contacts.
Q: How secure is VNCcontacts+?
A: Your Contacts are private and cannot be shared with other users, but when a user sends email, recipients can see the names a user has saved for each contact.
Q: What is the difference bewteen contat groups and contact lists?
Contact groups are used to organize your account-wide Address Book. Contact lists allow you to segment your audience for eMarketing campaigns.