Q: How can I use VNCmail?
A: You can use it on every device that is capable of running a supported web browser. In addition there is also a dedicated mobile app for Android available. To access VNCmail using the browser web client, just navigate to https:// and login with the credentials provided to you.
Q: Which web-browsers are supported?
A: Current versions of Google-Chrome/Chromium, Firefox-ESR and Firefox Quantum are supported.
Q: Where can I get the mobile application?
Q: How do I create a VNCmail account?
A: To create a VNCmail account follow exactly the same procedure as that of creating a VNCtalk account. Refer to the "Create an account" section, for a step-by-step guide.
Q: Can I change my account name?
A: You can update some basic information in your account: Settings > Preferences > Account Preferences. See the "Customize the default email account" section for more information.
Q: Can I change or reset my password?
A: You can change your password for security reasons or reset it if you forget it. Refer to the "Change the password" section, for a step-by-step guide.
Q: How can I keep my VNCmail account securу?
A: To help keep your VNCmail account secure, go to Preferences > Security to set up 2-factor authentification for an extra level of security to your account.
Q: How do I submit a support request?
A: You can submit a support request at any time through VNC Service Desk. Adding a support request is a good option if:
- You face any issues
- You want to report a bug
- You have feature requests
To add a support request:
- Open VNCmail.
- Click the cogwheel icon.
- Navigate to Help > VNC service desk.
In your support request, try to provide as much detail as possible about the issue or recommendation.
Q: Can I recover my deleted VNCmail message?
A: When you delete a message, it remains in the trash for 30 days. After that time, it is impossible to recover this message.
To recover your deleted messages:
- Go to Trash.
- Hover your mouse pointer over the deleted message, click
- From the drop-down menu that appears, select Move to folder.
- In the modal window, select where to put the deleted message.
Q: Can I print all messages inside one conversation?
A: You can print individual emails. If there are multiple emails in one conversation, you can only print one of them. For more information, consult the "Print an email" section.
Q: Can I customize my Reading pane?
A: By default, VNCmail shows the Reading pane to the right of the folders and messages, but you can change this:
- Click the Mail tab.
- Click the icon located in the top-right of the Conversations pane.
- Hover pointer over Reading Pane and select the required option.
Q: What type of file can be attached to an email message?
A: VNCmail allows you to send files along with your email messages. An attachment can be any type of file, be it text documents, images, or video.
Q: What size attachments can I send with VNCmail?
A: VNCmail lets you share files up to 25 MB in size.
Q: Can I snooze emails until later?
A: No, you can't postpone your emails. You can customize your Calendar notification settings for upcoming appointments from Preferences > Calendar > Show Reminders.
Q: How do I organize VNCmail?
A: There are two ways to keep your Inbox Email Messages clean:
- You can add tags to every email you receive or send. Apply multiple tags to an email, then later find the one by clicking any of its tags in the "Tags" panel.
- You can manage your incoming and outgoing emails using VNCmail’s filters to mark emails as read, delete them or move into the folder, or automatically redirect your email. For more information, contact the "Filters" section.
Q: How do I search for an email in VNCmail?
A: Use the search bar to type a name, subject, or phrase which is included in the email message that you want to find. Select an option to refine or widen your search: Mail, Briefcase, or Calendar. If you need to search in shared items, tick Include shared items.
Q: How do I navigate VNCmail without a mouse?
A: You can navigate in VNCmail with keyboard shortcuts. To check the keyboard shortcuts, go to Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts.
Q: How do I change my VNCmail settings?
A: With VNCmail settings, you can: change your background manage your incoming and outgoing mail * change other settings
How to find settings & make changes:
- On your computer, go to VNCmail.
- In the top-right corner, click Settings > Preferences.
- At the left sidebar, choose a preferences page, such as Main preferences, Accounts preferences, or Mail preferences.
- Make your changes.
- After you're done with each page, click Save at the bottom.
Q: Which browsers does VNCmail support?
A: You can use VNCmail with Chrome, Firefox, and Safari browsers.
Q: Can I turn off sound notifications for VNCmail Calendar?
A: To change notification settings within VNCmail Calendar, go to Preferences -> Calendar. Scroll down to Show reminders. Un-checking the "Play a sound" box will prevent the sound notification.
Q: Can I create a VNCmail signature?
A: You can add a signature in VNCmail with images, social icons, and more. The option is found in Preferences > Signature. It allows you to add an email signature using the signature editor.
Q: Can I automate an Out of Office reply in VNCmail?
A: You can use the "Out of office" option to notify people that you won't be responding right away to their email messages. An auto-reply is sent once to each sender. For more information, consult the "Out of office" section.
Q: How do I able/disable an Out of Office reply?
A: How to turn on an Out of Office reply:
- Go to VNCmail.
- Navigate to Preferences > Out of office.
- Tick Send auto-reply message and enter an auto-reply message to the field below.
- Select the required option from the External senders drop-down menu.
- Tick Auto-replies during the following time period and fill in the date range.
- Next to the Calendar title, tick Show free/busy as. Check the box if you want your status in the Calendar to show as Out of Office or Busy.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save.
When your vacation is over, you can disable your Out of Office reply by un-checking the Send auto-reply message box and then saving the changes.
Q: What languages are supported?
A: Currently only English and German are supported.
Q: Where can I change my VNCmail language settings?
A: Navigate to Preferences > Main preferences. Scroll down to the Language section. From the drop-down menu that appeares, select a language. At the bottom of the page, click Save.
Q: Where can I change my VNCmail background?
A: Navigate to Settings > Appearance. In the modal window, select a background.
Q: How do I compose an email?
A: There are two ways to compose an email:
- In the top left, click Compose email
- A box appears on the screen, here in the To field, add recipients email. (If you want, you can also add recipients in the Cc and Bcc fields).
- After that add a Subject.
- In the body, write your message.
- At the top of the page, click Send.
Alternatively, you can use key combinations:
- N+С/N+M - compose an email
- Shift+C - compose in a new window
Q: How do I reply to VNCmail messages?
A: When you receive an email, there are several actions you can take on that message.
- To answer an email, click .
- To answer All participants, click .
- To forward the message to someone not on the To or Cc lines, click .
Q: If I decide I don't want to send an email. Can I cancel it?
A: No, you can't. We haven't the "Undo Send" option yet.
Q: How do I send attachments/images with my VNCmail message?
A: You can attach images, files, contacts, emails, and many more items to your VNCmail messages. No matter where your documents are stored, VNCmail allows you to select whether to send the document as a traditional attachment or upload it to Briefcase and share a link to the file or folder. You can also set permissions on any folder sent from Briefcase that allows email recipients to view, edit, add, and remove them.
Q: Can I set up an automatic spell check in VNCmail?
A: After you made your text, you can turn on the spelling tool by clicking located at the top of the message window. You can see spelling mistakes highlighted in yellow.
Q: Can I change the font on VNCmail?
A: With VNCmail, you can change the font type as well as the font color, background color, and more.
Q: Can I send multiple emails at once?
A: You can send the same email to multiple people but you can not send multiple emails to the same person at once.
Q: How can I enable read receipt?
A: You can enable read receipts for everyone who sends an email to you under Preferences > Mail preferences. Scroll down to Read Receipt, select Always send a read receipt. Now when someone sends you an email message, you can view the message and a small read notification should appear in the other person's text indicating the time you read the message.
Audio & Video Calls¶
Q: Can I start or join an audio/video call from VNCmail?
A: You can start audio or video calls while in VNCmail.