Q: What is VNCmail?
A: VNCmail is a full-featured mail application that offers all relevant mail features, including messages, contacts, calendars, and attachments.
Furthermore, VNCmail has integrated Blockchain technology to ensure the digital provenance of your emails by attaching a seal to each email in the form of a QR code that can be verified.
Q: Who is VNCmail for?
A: Due to the seamless integration within the VNClagoon suite, which includes VNCcalendar, VNCbriefacase and VNCcontacts, VNCmail is particularly suitable for companies and organizations.
Q: What are the features that are included in VNCmail?
A: Some of the main features of VNCmail are:
- Full-blown Email Features
- Settings & Customization
- Offline Mode
- Latest UI Technologies
- Easy integration with other products
Q: Which web browsers are supported?
A: Current versions of Google Chrome/Chromium, Firefox-ESR, and Firefox Quantum are supported.
Q: How do I change my VNCmail settings?
A: Use VNCmail preferences to change options for the email accounts, and for working with messages and mailboxes.
Navigate to the Preferences tab and then select one of the following:
- Main Preferences: Change preferences that range from the choice of the theme and language to the kinds of emails to include when you search.
- Account Preferences: Add and remove your email accounts. Change settings for sent emails. Manage signatures and grant people (delegates) access to your account.
- Mail Preferences: Change settings for composing, addressing, and responding to emails. Manage spam mail options.
- Filters: Create filters, to for example automatically move emails from a specific sender to a defined email folder.
- Signatures: Create signatures that can be automatically appended to the messages you send.
- Out of office: Customize auto-reply email messages.
- Trusted Addresses: Manage the list with trusted email addresses.
- Calendar: Select which day of the week Calendar starts with, customize the work week and hours, and change appointment settings.
- Appointment Notifications: Set the notification email address.
- Import/ Export: Export all account data including messages and attachments, calendar data, and contact lists in all folders.
- Sharing: Specify which items to share and the level of access.
- Privacy: Enable 2 Factor Authentication.
Q: Can I turn off notifications for VNCmail Calendar?
A: Navigate to Preferences > Calendar. Under the Show reminders section, you can adjust push notifications or turn them on or off.
Q: Can I create a VNCmail signature?
A: You can add a signature in VNCmail with images, social icons, and more. The option is found in Preferences > Signature.
Q: Can I automate an "Out of Office" reply in VNCmail?
A: You can use the "Out of office" option to notify people that you won't be responding right away to their email messages.
Q: How do I able/ disable an "Out of Office" reply?
A: The option is found in Preferences > Out of Office. Refer to the "Enable an "Out of Office" reply" section, for a step-by-step guide.
Q: Where can I personalize my account and what options do I have here?
A: Navigate to Preferences > Main preferences. Your main preferences let you customize some elements of VNCmail to your liking, including time zone, language, theme, compose direction, and other attributes. Refer to the "Main preferences" section, for a step-by-step guide.
Q: Where can I configure my account and what options do I have here?
A: Navigate to Preferences > Account preferences. You can:
- Update your account name
- Change your default email account
- Change your reply-to address
- Add a signature to your emails
- Delegate access to your account
- Add/ Delete an external email address
- Add/ Delete a persona
Refer to the "Account preferences" section, for a step-by-step guide.
Q: What languages are supported?
A: Currently English and German are supported.
Q: Can I recover my deleted VNCmail message?
A: When you delete a message, it remains in the trash for 30 days. After that time, it is impossible to recover this message.
Q: Can I customize my Reading Pane?
A: By default, VNCmail shows the reading pane to the right of the folders and messages, but you can change this. Refer to the "Customize the Reading Pane" section, for a step-by-step guide.
Q: What type of file can be attached to an email message?
A: VNCmail allows you to send files along with your email messages. An attachment can be any type of file, be it text documents, images, or video.
Q: Which size can the attachments have that I can send with VNCmail?
A: VNCmail lets you share files up to 7 MB in size.
Q: Can I snooze emails until later?
A: No, you can't postpone your emails.
Q: How do I organize VNCmail?
A: There are 6 ways to keep your mailbox organized and clean:
- Add tags to every email you receive or send.
- Create filters to manage your incoming and outgoing mail.
- Star important emails.
- Remove emails from your inbox.
- Delete emails permanently.
- Move emails to email folders and subfolders.
Q: How do I search for an email in VNCmail?
A: Use the search bar to type a name, subject or phrase which is included in the email message that you want to find. Select an option to refine or widen your search: Mail, Briefcase, or Calendar. If you need to search in shared items, toggle on Include shared items.
Q: How do I navigate VNCmail without a mouse?
A: You can navigate in VNCmail with keyboard shortcuts. To check the keyboard shortcuts, navigate to Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts.
Email Composing, Sending, and Responding¶
Q: What are identities (personas) in VNCmail?
A: The "Add Persona" feature allows you to create a separate email identity to manage different types of emails. For instance, you can create a business persona for your business email and a personal persona for your personal email.
Q: Can I format my email message?
A: You can use formatting options to undo or redo changes, add bullet points, change your font, highlight or strikethrough text, and more.
Q: How do I send attachments/ images with my VNCmail message?
A: You can attach images, files, contacts, emails, and many more items to your VNCmail messages. No matter where your documents are stored, VNCmail allows you to select whether to send the document as a traditional attachment or upload it to Briefcase and share a link to the file or folder. You can also set permissions on any folder sent from Briefcase that allows email recipients to view, edit, add, and remove them.
Q: Can I set up an automatic spell check in VNCmail?
A: After you composed your text, you can turn on the spelling tool by clicking the spell icon located at the top of the message window. You can see spelling mistakes highlighted in yellow.
Q: What is a "Send & Seal" feature?
A: The Send & Seal feature means that every email you send will be sealed at its origin and secured by the blockchain. Only the participants of an email conversation protected in this way have access to these records, which can be reproduced and shared on demand by sharing the QR code of each message.
Q: Can I send multiple emails at once?
A: You can send the same email to multiple people but you can not send multiple emails to the same person at once.
Q: How can I enable Read Receipt?
A: You can enable the "Read receipts" feature for everyone who sends an email to you in Preferences > Mail preferences. Under the Read Receipt section, select Always send a read receipt. Now when someone sends you an email message, you can view the message and a small read notification should appear in the other person's text indicating the time you read the message.
Calendars & Appointments¶
Q: Can I share a calendar with someone?
A: You can share any calendar you created, and you can set different access permissions for each calendar.
Q: What can anyone do with full access permissions to my calendar?
A: Anyone with full access permissions to your calendar will be able to:
- Respond to invitations
- Create and edit appointments
- Share your calendar with others
- Receive emails about changes to your calendar
- Delete your calendar
Q: What is the VNCmail briefcase feature?
A: You can use the VNCmail briefcase to:
- Save/ Upload files to your VNCmail account, so you can access these files anytime you log in.
- Share files with co-workers for collaboration.
- Create VNCmail documents without the need for any other word processing software.