Q: What is VNCsafe?
A: VNCsafe allows users to store their files, folders, image galleries, videos and more on a cloud-server hosted in a location of their choice. Users can upload and download their files on any device or conveniently share files and folders with other users. With its integration in VNclagoon applications, like VNCmail and VNCtalk, users can attach files from VNCsafe directly to eMail, chat messages or save received attachments straight to their personal cloud.
Q: What languages are supported?
A: VNCsafe currently provides support in more than 50 languages. You can select your language from the Settings > General page. Learn more about selecting your language setting.
Q: What are the features of VNCsafe?
- File Sync & Share: VNCsafe enables your team to collaborate, access company files, share documents on their prefered devices, wherever they are.
- File access from any device: With VNCsafe, your team can work on files and co-author documents anywhere.
- Access from your browser: Users can connect to their account on the VNCsafe server using the web-browser of their choice; just enter the server-URL of your VNCsafe server and enter your username and password.
- File Favorites: To organize the most crucial or important data, users can add a files or folders to their "Favorite" list.
- Tags: VNCsafe provides a possibility to create a tag system to organize and find files and other information easier.
- Universal File Access: Users can sync their data bidirectionally via desktop sync clients, webdav or mobile app.
- Sharing with internal and external users: The internal and external sharing features of VNCsafe let users share content not only with people in your organization but outside the organization (such as partners, vendors, clients, or customers) by providing publically accessible or password protected download-link to shared files or folders.
- App for mobile devices: Allows users to store their files and folders on various mobile devices – always available, even without an internet connection.
- Integrated with VNCtalk: Seamless integration with VNCtalk. All features of VNCsafe are also available within VNCtalk.
- Activity Stream: The "Activity stream" feature allows users to keep up with their colleagues’ progress and see who did what in which file or folder at a certain time.
- Comments: Users in the organization can comment on files and folders.
- Full-text search: VNCsafe provides an interface (search bar) to find data and files quickly.
- Office Integration: Users can edit office documents directly in the web-browser – with Collabora and OnlyOffice - and work on them collaboratively with other users.
- Bookmarks: VNCsafe gives the users an option to remember their favorite and frequently visited websites.
- Music Integration: VNCsafe gives the users the option to store audio files, categorized by artists and albums, in their personal cloud.
Q: How do I create a VNCsafe account?
A: Only administrators have the rights to create, edit and delete users in their assigned system groups.
Q: Can I change my account details?
A: You can update some basic information of your account under Settings > General.
See the "General settings" section for more information.
File & folder management¶
Q: Can I recover a deleted files and folders?
A: When you delete a file or folder, it is moved into the Deleted files folder. It is not permanently deleted and recoverable from here, until you manually delete it from the Deleted files folder. See the "Restore a file" section for more information.
Q: How do I search for a file/ folder in VNCsafe
A: Click the magnifier icon in the upper right corner of the web interface to type the file name of part of their names.